Thursday, August 12, 2010

Procrastinators unite!!!....tomorrow...

Procrastination is a horrible affliction....

As a human being, there are many qualities about myself that I do not like...procrastination maybe the worst...

Procrastination just wreaks pure havoc on an already ridiculously busy and overwhelming life...

It's amazing that we have five children, because as we all know, you can not put off child birth...that sucker is coming out...quite jarring to a professional putter-offer 'til tomorrow like myself..

With a large young family, come many things....like endless amounts of invitations to birthday parties...we had six birthday parties last week alone...

Now, I know these events are inevitably coming; because certain organized, non-procrastinating parents, purchased, filled out and actually mailed in a timely fashion, said invitations (I hate these people).

I have been provided with all the information needed; date, time, place (oh goody, which bacteria infested "indoor playground" or pedophile manned laser tag center will we be attending this time?)..yet, we still do it Christine Hurley style....

Picture this please; party starts at 1:00, we have a 20 minute drive..we hop in the car at 1:10, drive directly to the mall.....sprint into the video game store and purchase the latest must have graphic killing spree XBOX game from the 42 year old "gamer" clerk who is, not surprisingly, dead behind his eyes....

Hop in the car, off we go......."aren't we gonna wrap it?" my youngest yells from the back seat; (hard to hear him over the hum of the engine going mach 10)...I immediately go into my McGyver mode, pulling an Ocean State Job Lot flyer out of the backseat from my earlier mail retrieval...I rip it in half, and throw it back to my minions....."wrap it!"...."But mommy, we have no tape"...."throw it back to mommy".....think, think, think...

A quick chew on an old piece of nicorette gum I found on the bottom of my purse should do just fine....

God, the stress....I need a cigarette....

Procrastinators unite!!!...tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment