Thursday, April 29, 2010

Okay....let's see if I can figure this out...

Well, this is it....my virginal voyage into "blogland"....I am actually very excited about this because it will force me to exercise my very lazy "creative" and "imaginative" muscles....thank you to my followers...please bear with me....

It is 9:00 p.m. at the Hurley hacienda, and things are still very busy here....I am attempting to blog, the two boys, Joe and Brendan are trying to complete homework, (which in true Hurley fashion was given to them both on Monday, due tomorrow,...and we are just starting it now...Testify!!!)....my two preteen girls are up in their room, definitely not cleaning it...honest to God, if I remove one more 1/2 full Poland Springs bottle from that pit....right fellow parents????? I am sure they are doing something constructive... possibly planning their escape... Our oldest is at the gym with her best friend Maggie....God bless them both....one good brain between the two of them. If those two put forth one eighth of the effort towards their 4 years of very expensive private high school that they put into "prom preparation"...we'd be carpooling to MENSA....

Jimmy Hurley is out cold in his recliner....the t.v. clicker is moving up and down on top of his stomach....sexy....it just fell, batteries everywhere....

Our youngest, Brendan, makes his First Communion in two days.....Our oldest's First Communion was like a coronation.....Good God....I haven't even bought this poor kid a tie...he is a teeny little guy...8 years old and he wears a 5 toddler...I wonder if I still have time to order a white suit from "Build a Bear"

Seven years ago, when we arrived to the church, late, for his Baptism, we were horrified to realize we forgot something....Brendan....he was fine, all wrapped up in his car seat, sleeping soundly on our dining room table.....probably the most sound sleep the poor kid has ever had...

I really envy, yet secretly hate organized people....poor Jimmy Hurley actually hired a professional organizer for me a few years ago....she was lovely...but I found myself completely tuning out to everything she was suggesting...all i heard was a sound similar to Charlie Brown's teacher...I just wanted her to go so I could tear up the leftover chicken pad thai calling to me from my fridge......that poor woman..

i really am going to try to be more organized....

xoxoxo Christine

4 comments:

  1. great stuff keep up the good work very funny~~Kerri Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,, since I haven't been to a show in a while, this is the next best thing,,,you never cease to crack me up!!! I remember the Babtism story,,but I still laughed out loud!! love you, xoxo Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally blog worthy!!! atta girl ! you always made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete